Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Masterpiece

“Masterpiece”


Frustration welling up inside
was loosing tears that would not hide
behind a stoic, masquerading face.
The page was marred, the smudges glared
as though defiant  heads they rared
at my attempts the failures to erase.

“What can be done?” my heart did cry,
for nothing more to do knew I.
The brokenness in my gift would not mend.
An off’ring did I long to bring,
my life– a story he could sing!
But this, I feared, would cause his heart to rend.

With heavy heart and tear-stained cheeks
I gave the gift; I could not speak.
Afraid was I that he would not approve.
“What’s this?” he asked with tender tone.
“Just what I want!  I’ve always known
with this most precious gift what I will do.”

He took it in his loving hands
and held me close, then bid me stand
So that my off’ring I could fully see.
And only as a Master can,
he formed and fashioned every strand,
And I beheld my life– a Masterpiece!



~L. Walker, 2009